Seeking to constantly raise professional standards and to propagate best practices, SHOOK events provide the ideal setting for the best Wealth Advisors & industry leaders to share their ideas.
Forbes/SHOOK Top Advisor Summit 2018
Bellagio, Las Vegas
February 27 — March 1, 2018
Details coming soon.
Forbes/SHOOK Top Next-Gen Advisor Summit
Forbes/SHOOK Top Next-Gen Summit
Attire: Casual; dress warm for Sunday night music fest; lots of walking on Boston’s cobblestone streets.
Recommended Hotels: Omni Parker & Kimpton Nine-Zero are close proximity to U. Mass club & 9 min. walk to City Hall Plaza.
SUNDAY Oct. 1 (Location: City Hall Plaza)
5:00-10:00pm Music Fest — Look for SHOOK VIP Tent (gate opens at 3pm)
Entertainment: Zedd + Playboi Carti + Skylar Grey
MONDAY Oct. 2 (Location: U. Mass Club, 1 Beacon St.)
1:30-1:45pm Welcome Remarks: R.J. Shook (Founder, SHOOK Research & Forbes Contributor)
1:45-1:50pm SHOOK “Ones”: Top Next Gen shares #1 idea
1:50-2:15pm Guest Speaker: Ray Dalio, legendary investor (Founder, Bridgewater)
2:15-2:20pm SHOOK “Ones”: Top Next Gen shares #1 idea:
2:20-2:45pm SHOOK Talks — The “Next-Gen Ones”
2:45-2:55pm SHOOK Talks: Philanthropy—Top Next-Gen Making a Difference
3:10-3:15pm SHOOK “Ones”: Top Next Gen shares #1 idea
3:15-3:40pm The Masters: Getting to the top…and going higher! Insights (and mistakes to avoid) from America’s Top-Ranked Advisors.
3:40-3:45pm SHOOK “Ones”: Top Advisor shares #1 idea: Victor Livingstone (Morgan)
3:50-4:25pm Breakout Sessions
1. MIT AgeLab: Aging & Technology: Content: Aging and Technology as it relates to family dynamics within your client base. For the next generation of retirees, one question will trump all others: How do you add life to longer lives? This presentation explores five ways technology can change how your clients age in Retirement. Hartford Funds
4:25-5:05pm Roundtable Discussions
5:15-6:00pm Welcome to “SHOOK-Tank” — our Ones “Open Mic session!!”–– be prepared to share your #1 idea* in 90 seconds.
(*Ideas can include: practice management, prospecting/marketing, investment related, etc. We will help to get approvals from firm.)
TUESDAY Oct. 1 (Location: U. Mass Club, 1 Beacon St.)
9:00-9:30am (Bonus Session) WisdomTree — Optimizing the growth of your business by enhancing your online presence.
9:30-9:40am Welcoming Remarks — R.J. Shook
9:40-9:45am SHOOK “Ones”: Top Next Gen shares #1 idea:
9:45-10:15am Paul Tudor Jones, legendary investor (Tudor Investments)
10:15-10:20am SHOOK “Ones”: Top Next Gen shares #1 idea:
10:20-10:50am Using social media to enhance relationships and build your practice.
10:50-10:55am SHOOK “Ones”: Top Next Gen shares #1 idea
11:10-11:15am SHOOK “Ones”: Top Advisor shares #1 idea
11:15-11:45am Investing in Today’s U.S. Equity Markets: Taking Advantage of the Disparity Between Cheap and Expensive.
– Joel Greenblatt, long-time value investor and co-CIO of Gotham Asset Management
– Brian Levitt, Oppenheimer Funds Senior Investment Strategist
Moderator: Pat Dwyer, Merrill & Top Advisor
11:50-12:25pm Fastest Growing Next-Gens
Afternoon — attend Forbes sessions
|Forbes speakers (you have full access when SHOOK is not in session):
· Ashton Kutcher, Actor, Founding Partner of Sound Ventures
· Evan Rachel Wood, Emmy Nominated Actress and Star of HBO’s Westworld
· J. Craig Venter, PhD, Co-Founder, Executive Chairman, Head of Scientific Strategy, Human Longevity,
· DeRay McKesson, Civil Rights Activist
· John Logan, Team Magician for the New England Patriots
· Ryan Williams, Co-Founder & CEO, Cadre
· Natalia Oberti Noguera, Founder & CEO, Pipeline Angels, and Creator & Host, Pitch Makeover
· Christina Wallace, VP, Growth at Bionic and Co-host of the Forbes Podcast The Limit Does Not Exist
· Ann Wang, CEO & Co-founder, Enrou
· Lauren Schulte, Founder & CEO, The Flex Company
· Erika Jensen, Co-Founder & Head of Marketing, The Flex Company
· Marcela Sapone, Co-Founder & Chief Executive Officer, Hello Alfred
· Ayah Bdeir, Founder and CEO, littleBits
· Guy Oseary, Founding Partner of Sound Ventures
· Paul Tudor Jones, Founder, Tudor Investment Corporation
· Ray Dalio, Founder, Bridgewater Associates
· Anne Wojcicki, Co-Founder and CEO of 23andME
· Sophia Amoruso, Co-Founder and CEO of Girlboss Media
· Bozoma Saint John, Chief Brand Officer of Uber
· Lilly Singh, YouTube Star
· Tyler Oakley, YouTube Personality and The New York Times Bestselling Author
· T.J. Miller, Actor and Comedian
· Asia Kate Dillon, Actor and Star of Showtime’s Billions
· Dr. Ruth Westheimer, Sex Therapist, Media Personality and Author
· Seth Moulton, Massachusetts Congressman
· John Chambers, Executive Chairman of Cisco Systems
· Emily Weiss, Founder & CEO of Glossier
· Daniel Boulud, Chef & Restaurateur
· Brad Katsuyama, Co-Founder & CEO of IEX (The Investors Exchange)
· John Sculley, Former CEO of Apple and Chairman of RxAdvance
· Meghan McCain, Co-Host of FOX News Channel’s Outnumbered
· Saket Modi, Co-Founder & CEO of Lucideus
· Tamika Mallory, Civil Rights Activist and Co-President of The Women’s March
Encore at Wynn Resorts
March 15-17, 2017
Thank you for joining us in Vegas!!
Sold out/oversubscribed in less than 3 weeks.
Forbes survey: 94% gave us their highest rating.
Coverage by CNBC & Forbes
– “Best industry event ever!”
– “By far my favorite conference”
– “Best speakers”
– “I’m definitely coming back next year”
– “…a notebook full of ideas!”
– “Best industry insights I’ve heard at a conference”
– “By far my favorite conference!”
– “All-time favorite event I’ve ever gone to”
– “Thank you Forbes & Shook…a game-changer”
– Keynote: Steve Forbes
– R.J. Shook — Founder, President, SHOOK Research
– Marc Lasry — Avenue Capital
– Jamie Dinan — York Capital
– Rick Rieder — Blackrock
– Anthony Scaramucci — Senior Advisor to the President of the United States
– Howard Marks — Oaktree
– Joel Greenblatt — Gotham
– Brian Wesbury — Chief Economist, First Trust Advisors
– Gary Kaminsky — Co-Host Wall Street Week, Contributor to Fox Business & News
– …plus the highest rated Advisors and RIAs sharing best practices.
Forbes features SHOOK’s 2016 Top Philanthropic Givers Ranking — Click Here.
- Top Advisors Summit
- Top Millennials Summit
- Top Women Advisors Summit
- Top Independent Advisors Summit
- Top Teams Summit
- Philanthropy Summit
- San Francisco
- Los Angeles
- New York
- South Florida